I've been riding the bus since school began. I ride it in the morning and have been able to ride my bike home in the afternoon. It has been good for the environment, good for my exercise schedule, and good for my wallet. However, with snow, meetings, and the sun setting earlier and earlier, I've just been riding in the morning and finding rides home in the afternoon.
This morning I found out that the bus schedule will change. It will be 20 minutes earlier. I only see the girls for 20 minutes each morning before I have to leave for the bus. With this change I won't get to see them at all. I will probably stop riding the bus because of this. However, there are people who are not able to decide this. The bus is their mode of transportation to and from work. They'll have to wait in the cold longer, walk faster or further, or change their schedule completely to compensate for the time changes.
I am thankful I have options. I have access to a car (or at least will have better access in a week or two). I have friends who live around me and would be willing to carpool. I can still ride the bus - just have to miss seeing the girls that day or wake them up earlier. I am thankful I have options.
No comments:
Post a Comment