Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankfulness

I'm giving myself a challenge - write about a specific thing each day for which I am thankful.  As I sit and try to think of something specific I'm overwhelmed by all my general blessings: family, health, and work.

So here is something specific: this morning I awakened Lucy and Annie at 6 am.  I had been awake for a while packing their lunch, getting dressed, making coffee, etc..  I woke them up, sat on the sofa with a warm cup of coffee, they sat next to me, one on each side, and we just sat and talked about trick-or-treating.  We talked about what we were going to have for breakfast.  Annie got up and danced liked Elmo.  Annie told me not to try to eat the empty wrappers from last night's haul.  Lucy told Annie that she didn't know any black people but that there were 2 brown people in her class. The time passed quickly but I'm very thankful I had that time this morning.

No comments: