Sunday, November 9, 2008

News?

Not much happening here. It is getting colder, darker, and less attractive as we move through November. We've not had any snow to speak of (although, I've seen flurries that would send South Carolina children into hysterics!). Now we wait...

Preparations continue for Thanksgiving. Right now the count is at 7: My dad & mom, Burl & Lori, and the Culps. I'm not counting Annie as she is still on rice cereal and milk! We're working out The Works for the meal. Not sure how we're going to do it in a kitchen with literally 4 feet of counter space but it'll be good!

We've been looking at other places to live come next summer, or before. The house, while charming, has some issues. The shower hasn't worked since we moved in (I've not had a shower since August! -- yes, I have bathed ... in the bathtub). The dryer takes about 3 hours to complete its job, which cannot be safe. Spencer's concerned that a 1 bath bathroom with 2 small children may not be the best of ideas; especially when you consider the bathroom is on the second floor. We are of course concerned about Lucy running up the stairs to use the bathroom (she's actually not made it a couple of times for the trip up the stairs) and Annie following suit. We'll, of course, keep you updated.

We are wondering about purchasing one of the 300 houses for sale in the area. House prices have plummeted in recent weeks. One we saw about 3 months ago for $280,000 is now listed at $207,000! It needs work, mostly cosmetic, but it might be worth a closer look. Again, we'll keep you updated.

No school for Lucy or I Tuesday in honor of Veteran's Day. I don't know if there is a parade, but if there is, you will of course find pictures right here!

No comments: