Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankfulness

I've really been trying to not mention my children as things I am thankful for.  It seems to me that is obvious--I love my children!  I adore them!  I am so thankful for them that mentioning them once as something I am thankful for seems to trivialize how thankful for them I am. 

However, today I am thankful for what they say.  I think about the honesty of what they say, the Truth (with the capital T).  The humor they embed in what they say and ask, whether intended or not.

Annie, when asked which of two halves of a marachino cherry responds, "Both!"

Lucy, when complementing me on an outfit, "Mommy, you look like you could ride your horse all the way to school."

Annie, when discussing the fact that a balloon has lost its helium, "Lucy did it."

Lucy, when talking about what healthy foods we eat, "We're all skinny.  Not you, Mommy, but you're working on it!"

Annie, asking about dinner and being told we wouldn't go to Friendly's, "Why not? I like Friendly's."

Lucy, when being told we were invited to someone's house for Thanksgiving, "Oh, good!  They have such a big house!"

I am thankful for what they say.

No comments: