Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rollins State Park (Mount Kearsarge)


Today we spent the morning at Rollins State Park (aka Mount Kearsarge) in Warner, NH.  This was about a 30 minute trip from Concord.


The Rollins Trail signs indicate it is about .5 miles to the summit.  The Rollins State Park website states it is a .5 mile hike.  I thought, "Wow! I can do a .5 mile hike with the girls! Let's go!"

The drive up was very scenic.  Here the girls enjoy the view of me while I enjoy the view of the valley below.

We enjoyed a beautiful picnic before starting our hike.  We had grapes, graham crackers, peanut butter, raisins, and boiled eggs.

S'mores on a Stick.

Ants on a Log.


We began our ascent and encountered some rocky obstacles but got past it with each others' help.









Finally, we made it to the top!  We enjoyed a visit to the Fire Tower and rock balancing/stacking. 




We then took the short route down.  Hmmm... I don't know if that was the best idea...




Okay...Maybe it was.  However, take a look at the "steep grade" we had to traverse later in the hike.  The rock wall Lucy is leaning against is the "path" we took down.  


We had a great day!!

No comments: