I just mailed out my Christmas cards today. I hope they find you safe, happy, and healthy this year. I decided not to send a Christmas letter (I don't think I ever have sent one) and instead invited you to my blog. If you're reading this you've either kept up with me via Facebook or you've looked up the blog to find out how we are.
Spencer just finished his 3rd semester at Franklin Pierce Law Center. He is enjoying the rigor and seems to be doing well. He's accepted a summer job here in Concord so we will not be travelling extensively this next summer. He is hoping to get an externship in the fall. Please keep us all in your prayers should this come to pass.
I continue at a middle school in the Concord area. I am teaching 7th grade math to about 125 students. I'm very involved in integrating technology into my classroom and have been a part of two different grants for the purchase of equipment.
Lucy is in 4K in Concord. She's busy learning her letters and numbers, taking swim lessons, and playing hard. She is finding that she LOVES the snow. We live very close to a hill and loves spending her time sledding. She'll begin ice skating soon.
Annie is now 20 months old and learning words every day. She is busy, busy, busy most of the time. She is also attending the school Lucy attends and is the joy of her teachers!
Our dog, Millie, moved south to live with GrandMary. We miss her but moved into a house that was SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than our last rental but did not allow dogs. GrandMary graciously agreed to foster Millie while we were in our current location. They are slowly getting used to each other.
We've been lucky enough to be near my cousin, Sherilyn Johnston New, and get to visit with her and her husband, Delbert, often in Boston. She'll be moving back to Amarillo, though. We'll miss her but will continue to see Delbert.
Lots of visits this year...you can see the pictures throughout the blog. In February we visted my brother and sister-in-law in Tampa. In June we travelled to Charleston for my cousin's wedding. In July we were out of town for 3 weeks travelling to North Carolina, South Carolina, and Maryland to see grandparents. Lucy ending up attending 3 different Vacation Bible Schools!! In November we went to Maryland for Thanksgiving and we're expecting guests for Christmas this year.
If you are ever near us (Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, and especially New Hampshire) please get in touch with us. We'd love to see any and all of you in this strange and fascinating place.
Much love and peace this Christmas Season.
No comments:
Post a Comment