The girls and I drove down to Charmingare Farm (www.visitthefarm.com). The horse-drawn carriage ride and visit with Santa around a bon-fire was cancelled. (Sigh...) The paths were blocked from fallen branches and there was no power for the lights. So...we'll either go Thursday night (probably not since we'll be leaving Friday afternoon for South Carolina) or we'll come back in January and all go for a sleigh ride! That'll be fun, too! I'm just sad we didn't get to do the bonfire thing :(.
Electricity is slowly returning to New Hampshire. Utilities reported roughly 113,000 customers still without power in the state Tuesday afternoon, down from 430,000 at the peak of the storm. However, as I write this a winter storm is on its way and the temperature is 26 degrees and dropping.
Keep us in your prayers as we head out Friday. We're hoping to be to Mary Ann's by Saturday night. Hopefully, if you're reading this, you'll be getting your Christmas Card from us in the mail any day now. Much love...
No comments:
Post a Comment